Pick up a Book and Read
The 2012-13 program will run from Oct. 21 through Feb. 1. Each teacher will choose the six-week period that works best for them. The last day to register is Dec. 14, and all results must be turned in by Feb. 8.
Links for teachers:
- Enter results for the 2012-13 school year
- Register for the 2012-13 school year
- Guidelines and instructions flyer
FOR THE STUDENTS
- All students participating will receive a certificate of accomplishment.
- An All-Star Certificate is awarded to the top classroom reader from each class.
- The top reader from each grade level in each school will receive tickets to a predetermined Charlotte Checkers hockey game.
- The overall program (all schools included) top reader from each grade will receive a Charlotte Checkers prize.
- The top three schools in the entire program, based on final reading results, will have an on-site visit by the Charlotte Checkers mascot, Chubby, and the Community Relations Department on a mutually agreed-upon date.
FOR THE TEACHERS:
- Each teacher that has a class participating in the Pick Up A Book and Read program will receive a certificate of appreciation.
- The top 4 teachers who produce the highest reading results will receive a special gift and be featured on the teams’ web sites along with their students.