FLORIDA23-7-5, 1st in the Atlantic
The Panthers continue to reign as one of the top teams in the NHL, tying for the most points in the league and holding the second-best points percentage. They have been nearly unbeatable on home ice, where they hold a staggering 18-3-0 record, and have been propelled by a stellar year from Jonathan Huberdeau, who ranks fourth in the NHL in points.
THE DUKE IN OT 👑 pic.twitter.com/dv7ZAfpsOa— Florida Panthers (@FlaPanthers) January 9, 2022
- Matt Kiersted scored his first NHL goal on Dec. 16
- Cole Schwindt made his NHL debut on Dec. 16
- Former Checker Gustav Forsling ranks third among Florida defensemen in points
SEATTLE10-19-4, 8th in the Pacific
Hit hard by Covid-related postponements, the Kraken have had a tough time building momentum through the month of December, posting a 2-6-2 record of their last 10 contests. Still, Seattle has time to make up ground, as it is tied for the fewest games played in the Pacific Division.
last practice day before we have games again!!!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳 pic.twitter.com/D53pXKsuHQ— Seattle Kraken (@SeattleKraken) January 9, 2022
- Alexander True made his Kraken debut on Dec. 12 and has appeared in six games for Seattle
- Former Checker Morgan Geekie is one of four skaters to appear in all 23 of Seattle's games this season
- Alex Nedeljkovic ranks 10th in the NHL in saves and has started 21 of Detroit's 36 games this season
- Oliwer Kaski ranks second among all KHL defensemen in scoring
- Anton Forsberg tied the Ottawa franchise record for most saves in a win with 47 on Dec. 2 and recorded his first NHL shutout on Dec. 11
- Patrick Brown has appeared in 20 games for the Flyers and has set a career high with four points in the NHL
- Saku Maenalanen ranks second in SM-liiga in scoring